Pre CBT scheme
The ‘Pre-CBT’ Scheme is an initiative aiming to reduce young rider casualties across Staffordshire by better preparing young bikers for the road. The scheme offers potential young riders 15 – 21 years of age the opportunity of receiving a voucher giving them £50 off their CBT if they attend the Pre-CBT workshop. Participants can be new to riding doing their first CBT, looking to do a CBT course once they hit the age to ride or completing their refresher CBT and doing it for their second time.
Places are limited to fifteen attendees at each venue which must be booked prior to attendance by contacting us by email or by contacting Kevin Wilcox on 07855 336922; we are taking bookings now.
The workshop will provide information on the Highway Code, Rules of the Road and all issues that bikers face. Young riders will participate in a short evaluation which will be used to assess the effectiveness of the scheme. If the evaluation results in a positive outcome we hope to extend the scheme county wide, however this may be prioritised by area.
We are sure that parents of potential young riders or current CBT riders would like to see their children being as prepared as possible when embarking on their riding life, so we hope that parents want to encourage their children to apply for the scheme, as not only will it save money but will provide them with the information to keep them safer on the road.
The dates for 2019 courses at each venue (all Fire Stations) are:
- Wednesday 17th April at Sandyford
- Thursday 18th April at Burton
- Thursday 25th April at Cannock
- Tuesday 7th May at Sandyford
- Tuesday 21st May at Cannock
- Thursday 30th May at Burton
- Wednesday 26th June at Sandyford
- Thursday 27th June at Cannock
- Thursday 25th July at Burton
- Tuesday 30th July at Sandyford
- Thursday 8th August at Cannock
- Wednesday 21st August at Sandyford
- Wednesday 11th September at Burton
- Wednesday 18th September at Cannock